Homemade Chinese 5 Spice Powder & Rub
1 Tbsp Star Anise
1 Tbsp Fennel Seed
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tbsp Black Pepper
1/2 Tbsp Ginger
*All ingredients need to be as finely ground as possible.
For my personal recipe, I ground the Star Anise and the Fennel Seed using my Mortar & Pestle. I don't recommend this option if you don't have time or are suffering from any wrist/hand pain, it takes a lot of elbow grease!!
1. Combine all of the ingredients listed above in a small spice jar.
2. Either shake or stir until well mixed.
3. Use to season your favorite dishes.
2 Tsp Homemade 5 Spice Powder (From above recipe!)
1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt
1 Tsp All Purpose Flour
1. Combine all ingredients.
2. Rub on your favorite meat, poultry or fish before grilling.
Stay tuned for my Five Spice Pan-Seared Salmon w/Orange Spinach recipe coming in this week's "From Mama B's Kitchen"!
In the meantime, checkout these delicious, versatile recipes calling for Chinese 5 Spice Powder:
1. Five Spice Glazed Salmon w/Sesame Green Beans
2. Five Spice Turkey Cheeseburgers
3. Five Spice Beef & Pepper Stir-fry
4. Sweet Sesame Five Spice Popcorn
5. Five Spice Seared Scallops & Shrimp
6. Five Spice Pineapple Carrot Cupcakes
7. Five Spice Chicken with Red Cabbage
8. Five Spice Chicken Wings!
9. Five Spice Ketchup
10. Five Spice Beef in Oyster Sauce