Oh October, the month where days turn a little darker, a little colder and remind me how very few of them are left in the year!! Looking forward to:
1. Date Night! I am slightly embarrassed to admit that Jerry and I have not been out for a date in many months. That is all about to change! We have a sitter booked for the evening and will be heading out for a little romance - all a surprise to me at this point. Can't wait to follow up with a post for that night!
2. Mom's Group! I volunteered to host a mom's group (sans kids) on Thursday evenings (bi-weekly) starting on the 6th. I am not only excited to dig into another meaningful study of God's word, but to reconnect with some ladies I have not seen for most of the Summer.
3. Family Visit! My wonderful mother and father in-law will be joining us the second weekend of the month and we have already begun to plan a trip to farm for fall festivities including: apple picking, pumpkin picking, hayrides, corn mazes and petting fuzzy little farm animals. I can't wait for Zion to experience this for the first time, and in the company of her grandparents!
4. Fall Festivals! New York City has a ton of kid-friendly events to celebrate fall. While Jerry and I are not big on Halloween itself, we are fine with Zion experiencing the fun of the non-scary activities. We'll be hoping to attend a few different events, possibly the Madison Square Park Fall Kids Fest, Halloween Parade & Pumpkin Sail and the 69th Street Halloween Block Party.
5. Baking/Cooking with Fall Ingredients: This year I plan to make my first ever Pumpkin Pie, Fresh Spiced Apple Cider with my juicer (and the apples we pick), Pumpkin Bread, delicious roasted Acorn Squash and so much more! Don't worry I will definitely be posting up recipes as often as I can!
What are your plans for October? What do you love about Fall?