Saturday, October 1
From Mama B's Kitchen: Five Spice Salmon w/Orange Spinach
Crispy on the outside and super moist on the inside with an amazing aromatic flavor from the spices - this dish is sure to be a hit (even with those who aren't die-hard salmon fans - like my husband!)
Pan-Seared Five Spice Salmon Recipe
4 - 4oz Salmon Fillets, skins removed
2 Tbsp. Five Spice Rub
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1. With tweezers, remove any bones from salmon fillets. On wax paper, rub salmon fillets until coated with rub mix.
2. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over MEDIUM heat until hot. Add salmon; cook until just opaque throughout, about 4-5 minutes per side. Makes 4 Servings.
If you ask my husband what my favorite foods are, there is a 1 in 4 chance he will say, "Spinach." I don't know what it is about this leafy green vegetable that I love so much. Perhaps too many Pop-eye cartoons when I was younger! Whatever the reason, I love love love it. In everything. No lie.
I actually found this recipe attached to a fresh bunch of organic spinach from Lakeside Organic Gardens. I was skeptical but willing to try it. It can be tricky to incorporate it into a dish that the hubs will appreciate, but this one was a serious winner. Even Zion enjoyed it!
Orange Spinach Recipe:
2 bunches Spinach, washed thoroughly and stems removed
1 Tbsp. Orange zest
2 Oranges, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
1/3 cup Chicken broth
1 Tbsp. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp. Sugar
1. Place the spinach in a large saucepan. Cook, covered, over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until leaves are just wilted; drain well. Set aside in bowl.
2. Use the same saucepan and bring chicken broth, orange zest, soy sauce, sugar to a boil.
3. Stir in Spinach and Orange pieces, heat until warm. Makes 4 Servings.