I want to put a little spin on this post by mentioning that I've been searching for a replacement to Picnik, and have found a few viable options. I'm going to show you my picture for this post, edited by three different online editors that I like.
Here are the rules for this 11 Things Post:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions.
5. Tag a few people, let them know.
Edited with Pixlr Express
Edited with iPiccy
Edited with BeFunky
11 Random Things:
1. I've been in a little mini-funk for the past few days. I know why, I'm not getting enough sleep every night and the chronic deprivation is catching up to me. With the hubs working late, it is hard to not want to stay up just to see him.
2. This week I'm taking the initiative by starting a twice a week playgroup for parents with small children that attend my church/live in my neighborhood. I'm excited to give Zion more opportunity to connect with others, as well as meet other parents who stay/work at home.
3. I think I may be coming into my prime…seriously. I've heard that the 30's are a woman's best decade, and I've only made it halfway through my first year in them, but I'm loving it. I tell you 20 somethings, do not worry about getting here…its magic!
4. I feel like I haven't shared a big part of me on this blog, and that is my love for music. I shared a song yesterday evening for the first time, and it felt good. I am definitely a person who always has a soundtrack to my life. Music is my way of sorting and processing my feelings. I am definitely the person who listens to sad music when sad, angry when angry, etc. I find it a therapeutic way to release whatever emotional tension I'm experiencing at any given moment. I need to share more of this with you guys.
So why not share something I like now:
So why not share something I like now:
5. I have been eating so good lately. I'm hooked on veggies and low-fat everything. Again. The last time I felt this good physically was right before I got pregnant with Zion. As much as I want to get pregnant with baby number two, I am kind of hoping it won't happen for a while…I am enjoying losing weight and getting back in shape and not really ready to go the other direction again!
6. Speaking of good health and losing weight...I've been thinking about what to spend my $250 that I earned (for the weight/inches I've lost so far) on. Ideas right now include: camera accessories-tripods, case, a new outfit, new shoes…so many choices!
7. As I sit here typing this, I keep looking at the clock because I was told to be in bed, with lights out before the hubs gets home tonight. (He knows how tired I've been). I have so many other things I should be doing, but I really want to blog more than I want to clean. If you are wondering, I have about 10 minutes to get this post finished!
8. I secretly desire to do some fashion blogging. It is my hidden secret. I currently lack the confidence and the wardrobe to pull it off. I was thinking that instead I could do a spoof series. I mean, I feel like putting on a bunch of random textured/patterned clothing and colorful tights with velvet/suede ankle boots is all that it takes to be a successful fashion blogger right now. (I'm not trying to offend…but I always thought of fashionistas as trend setters…and I see a lot of the same thing across the board. Maybe I'm just really unfashionable after all! LOL)
9. I love getting dressed up. I am a girly girl in my heart of hearts. Luckily for my husband we've yet to be in a place, financially, where I could embrace my high-maintenance girly girl tendencies. I mean, Spa days are necessary luxuries, right?
10. Lately I've been thinking a lot about writing a novel. It is a book that has been stuck in my head for a couple of years now. I've annoyed the hubs endlessly because I have yet to devote the time and energy into writing it. I keep saying that this blog was my way to warm up my creativity and get me back into writing. I've realized lately I've done more photo editing than writing and so I need to regroup and refocus.
11. Sometimes I feel that the friends (you lovelies!) I've made through blogging are more real and more encouraging than some of the ones I have in real life. I'm pretty grateful for each and every person I have connected with through blogging. You guys rock!
Here are Amanda's Questions for Me & My Answers:
1. What is my favorite meal? I love a petite filet mignon or wild-caught salmon filet served with seasonal veggies, fresh baked bread, & sautéed mushrooms.
2. Did I ever (or do I still) have a nickname? What were/are they and how did they come to be? I'm going to go ahead and tell you most of them are real boring: Court (short for Courtney). Jerry gave me a really great pet name once though: missy pooh-bear love monkey. :)
3. What is my favorite time of the day? I think around 11am or so is when I really feel the best energy wise. It also happens to be close to the start of nap time and marks a little bit of me time.
4. What is one chore that I absolutely hate? Laundry. I don't mind folding it, but here in NYC we have to drag our bag of laundry a couple blocks to the laundry mat and deal with tons of other people, machines not functioning, etc. It sucks.
5. If money and gas prices were no object, what kind of car/vehicle would I love to own? A picture is needed here:
A Mercedes C63 AMG Sedan. She is a beauty. Ohhhh if money ware no object!
6. Lefty or Righty? I'm a righty!
7. Would I consider myself to be an organized person? Yes. Organized in that I like to have a place for everything and everything in its place. Unfortunately we don't have everything we need right now to make that possible. So I have organized chaos.
8. Do I get nervous speaking in front of small groups? Not really…it depends on how well I know the people. Large groups? Yes. I do get nervous when it is a big group of people.
9. Do I have a celebrity crush? Well, my husband is kind of a celebrity around here, so if he counts, yes! :)
10. If I could eat only fruits or veggies for a whole week what would it be? Veggies. Definitely.
11. What is my favorite local (non-chain) restaurant (or coffee shop, ice cream parlor, etc.)? I live in NYC…there is no way I can answer this question because there are way too many!! We were told recently about a great Thai restaurant that serves a $7 four-course lunch (on the weekends!) and so we've been loving that place. Really, there are so many places, I don't even know where to begin!
Now here are my 11 Questions:
1. You just won a trip, all expenses paid --- you have to choose the destination now, where will you go? Who will you take? Why?
2. Dark, Milk or White Chocolate?
3. Have you ever succeeded in giving up something that was bad for you? What was it?
4. You have four ingredients: eggs, milk, cheese and bread. What is the most creative thing you can make?
5. Zoo, Aquarium or Circus?
6. If there were no other factors to consider except for pure joy's sake, how many children would you want to have?
7. Do you wear glasses or contacts?
8. Have you ever been in a bad accident?
9. How many pets have you had / do you have? What kind? What are their names?
10. What is the funniest joke you have heard lately?
11. I like the dream car question, so if you could have any new car of your choosing what would it be?