- My favorite bath and body works scent is Japanese Cherry Blossom. I started wearing it right before I met Cody and so whenever I use it now, it takes me back to when we first met.
- I grew up completely obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Harry Potter. I could honestly tell you the title of any early episode of Buffy just based on a description. I do get fuzzy on the later seasons though. Harry Potter, is just Harry Potter. It was a great escape.
- My favorite foods are rotel and pot roast with carrots and potatoes. I could honestly eat it every single day of my life
- My favorite colors are green, purple and blue.
- Our wedding colors were green, black and white. I picked the green, Cody picked the black and we threw in the white so it didn't seem so dark.
- My favorite book is "It's Kind of a Funny Story" by Ned Vizzini and "Looking for Alaska" by John Green.
- My favorite tv shows are Sons of Anarchy, Weeds, Game of Thrones, Teen Mom, and American Dad. It's actually part of my bedtime routine to watch an episode of American Dad. Its such a great little funny cartoon.
- My favorite type of phone is android. I worked in an electronics store and it cured me of liking apple forever. I don't even use itunes on my computer anymore.
- My favorite outfit will involve a cardigan. I own so many, both long and short sleeve. They are such great additions to almost any outfit!
- My favorite type of shoes are boots that go to your knee. I don't even really see a point in wearing short boots. Makes no sense to me. (but hey, I never said I was fashionable!)
- This is more of a random fact, but I own a ton of knee socks. Even if I wear them under jeans and you can't see them, I think knee socks are so fun and just wearing them puts me in a good mood!
Tell us about your family >>>
The first thing that you should know about me is that I'm 100% committed to having a lasting, loving relationship with my husband, Cody. Unfortunately, in my family, not many have stayed married to the same person for their entire life and I'm determined to change that.
The second is that I'm a nursing student. That means I spend more hours studying in a week than I do sleeping. It means I wake up before dawn to go to the hospital for clinical hours. It means that I truly love helping people. Since starting nursing school though, I've discovered that my passion is counseling and mentoring others so I'm currently working on a way to use my (future) degree toward that.
Other than those two things, I'm a pretty simple person. I like to laugh and once you know me, I can be pretty silly. I'm shy though, so it takes awhile for me to show that side of me to you.
I'm also really creative. I love having projects and making stuff with my bare hands. I get that part of myself from my dad. Some of my favorite memories of my childhood are when my dad and I worked on projects together.
Today, I mostly reserve those creative urges for the jewelry I make for my shop, Eloping Designs. However, I'm also really enjoying graphic design lately and I'm finding it really enjoyable and it's something that Cody and I can do together because it's a hobby that he shares. I designed my entire blog myself and I am so proud of it.
My blog is basically about what I'm about, which means it can be anything under the sun! Recently, I had a full two week series involving weddings because I just got back mine and Cody's wedding pictures! In August, I'm having a series about nursing school. I'm hoping that some new nursing students will read it and be encouraged/enlightened about the journey they are about to go on.
I am constantly using my blog to give my readers tips on blogging with my blogger tips series. There are so many things I've learned through blogging that I wish I knew from the getgo, so my goal is to reach those new bloggers!
I also run a blog hop on my blog the 2nd Wednesday of each month called "Blogworking Wednesday" It's been a huge hit and the most recent one had 125 links which is just amazing! The story behind blogworking is this:
"When I first started blogging, my favorite thing was finding new blogs that I just loved and girls that I connected with! So, the idea of "blogworking" which plays on the word "networking" came into play. Whenever my husband asked what I was doing when I was looking for new blogs, I'd tell him I was blog-working. Soon after, the idea of a blog hop popped into mind and you have what you see today."
Tell us about your shop >>>In my spare time, I run a shop called Eloping Designs where I sell jewelry. I started making jewelry a few years ago because I realized I need a creative outlet. When I went with nursing as my career, creativity kind of went out the window. I get my creative side from my dad and it's a big part of my heart. Jewelry was something I always had trouble finding because I have sensitive ears and small wrists, so I started making it for me and my friends.
Later, my great grandmother told me that she made jewelry when she was younger. She sent me all the supplies that she still had, as well as some pieces that she had made. She passed away recently so now my jewelry making time feels like I'm spending some quality time with my great grandmother which is a great feeling because I miss that quality time. It's also a huge reward for me to see my mom's face when I show her the jewelry I make out of my great grandmother's supplies.
I started selling it because I had a bunch of friends that were willing to pay for it and a few sent referrals to me from their friends. I also started doing custom orders for people, so I decided that it was time to open a shop.
Paige is GIVING AWAY a $15 Shop Credit to Eloping Designs!!